Half marathon prep 🏃🏼♀️
Our physio Georgie has been prepping to run her first half marathon!
1. Plan your training. Most injuries come on from creeping your km’s up too quickly. What might seem reasonable increases can result in niggling injuries that slow you down.
2. Seek help early. A grumpy big toe, a niggling Achilles and a stiff mid back have all been little bumps in the road. They haven’t stopped her training thanks to some release work and targeted exercises.
3. Get a training buddy. Especially on longer runs for motivation! Georgie is training with her Dad
4. Consider your nutrition! Prepare for long runs in advance.
5. Training in netball seasons is difficult and it’s so important to listen to your body when it needs an extra day recovery
Good luck to our Shepparton physiotherapist Georgie and all of our clients running in the upcoming Melbourne Marathon 👌🏼👏🏼 🏃🏽♀️🏃🏼♂️
#melbournemarathon #running #runningphysio
#training #runinjuries #gvsportscare #shepparton #health #fitness #physio #podiatry #clinicalpilates #exercise